Country Chicks Baking. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Red Velvet Rice Krisy Treats

Before I begin, you will have to excuse the awkwardness of this post, it is my first blog post, EVER! Now,
since our theme this month is Red Velvet, I had to think of something delicious, and easy to make this
weekend. I had surgery on Friday and didn’t want to attempt to make anything complex! What's easier
than rice krispy treats?

I have to say I was quite excited for this recipe, but was sadly disappointed in the end. They do taste
delicious, but I can’t taste the Red velvet! I am on a mission after this to make them taste more like red
velvet, but here is the recipe I used.

What you’ll need:
½ cup butter
1 (10.5 oz) bag of mini marshmallows
1 cup Red Velvet Cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
8 cups Rice Krispies
½ cup white chocolate chips

1. First spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter on medium/ low heat until melted
3. While butter is melting, measure the rice krispies into a bowl
4. Add the bag of marshmallows to the butter and stir until completely melted.
5. Add the cake mix until well blended
6. Once mixed, quickly add the marshmallow mixture to the rice Krispies and mix together. This
must be quick as the marshmallow mixture will start to harden quickly!
7. Quickly dump the mixture into the pan and flatten out, if your spatula sticks and makes it hard
to spread you can spray it with non-stick spray or lay a piece of parchment paper over the
mixture to flatten.
8. Allow to cool
9. I added white chocolate decorative designs to mine, just melt some white chocolate chips in the
microwave at 20 second intervals until melted (careful not to burn). You can spread it over the
whole pan or put the chocolate in a gallon Ziploc baggie and cut the tip off to draw designs on.
To add some more flair you can also use cookie cutters to crate fun shapes!

I have to say this recipe was very easy to make and turned out to be a flashy valentine’s day treat, but
am still disappointed with the flavor! I will update with new recipe if I can figure out a way to fix it! Hope
you enjoy!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio