Country Chicks Baking. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Chocolate-Orange Pound Cake

Since we were thinking of making orange out theme this month I had orange recipes on my brain. This might seem like an odd combination of flavors, but if you like those chocolate oranges you crack open during Christmas time, you will LOVE this pound cake! It tastes just like it!

This recipe is so easy I thought I was doing something wrong!

It makes either one- 9"x3" loaf or I did 3 mini loafs in my pampered chef stone mini loaf pan.

What you'll need:
1/4 cup milk
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp orange extract
Orange food coloring (optional, I didn't use any)

1. Mix eggs and milk
2. In a separate bowl or mixer, mix flour, baking powder and sugar.
3. Slowly add the butter to the flour mixture.
4. Add in 1/2 of the egg mixture and blend well. Then slowly add the other half of the mixture. Mixing well.
5. Divide the batter into two bowls adding the cocoa to one and the orange extract (and food coloring if your using it) to the other. Mixing well!
6. Plop alternating spoonfuls of each mixture in the pan. Then take the end of the spoon and swirl ( make sure not to over mix the two together. I just zigzagged from one end to the other each way)
7. Place in oven cooking until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the loaf
Cooking times:
1- large loaf= 50-60mins
3- mini loafs= 25-35 mins ( this will depend on the type of pan used. I did use stoneware, so watch your loafs closely)

Once done let cool for about 10 mins then pop them out of the pan to cool completely or enjoy warm! My favorite.

These keep well when wrapped in tin foil .



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio