Country Chicks Baking. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cream Cheese Swirled Red Velvet Cookies

I have been struggling to get this post done for quite some time!! So sorry for the delay... I had made these cookies last week and taken pictures and wanted to have everything setup before I took off to Essex, Montana with my husband and his parents. After returning from Montana, all my motivation and time was gone so I wasn't able to sit down and get this post finished!

These cookies were pretty 'cakey' for my liking, but my dear husband took them to work on Valentine's Day and they were gobbled up (literally)! They were very simple to make, and had a gorgeous color!


Ingredients:

  • 1 box red velvet cake mix (I am sure you could make them from scratch, but I just love the redness that comes from the boxed cake mix)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°, spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray
  2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, butter and milk. The batter is VERY thick.
  3. Drop the cream cheese by the tablespoon into the batter and gently fold in. Don't over mix.

  1. Drop the batter by tablespoons (or eyeball it) onto the baking sheet about 2" apart.
  2. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are set (it took about 11 minutes for mine)
  3. Cool for a minute or two on the baking sheet and then remove to a wire rack until it is cooled completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio