Country Chicks Baking. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Red Velvet Truffle Brownies

These delicious brownies taste just as amazing as they look! I have to apologize for the bad picture quality. I'm not sure why my camera decided to act up. By the time I could charge my old camera these were gone!

These brownies may look complex but are actually quite simple to make. I usually make my brownies from scratch, but I decided to use a box cake recipe this time.

What you'll need:
For the brownies (box cake recipe)
1 box of red velvet cake mix
1/2 cup of butter (melted)
1 box of white chocolate pudding mix
2 eggs
6- tbsp of vegetable oil


1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Mix all ingredients thoroughly but do not over mix.
3. Spray a 9"x 13" pan with cooking spray and fill pan with brownie mix.
4. Spread evenly (mix will be a thick consistency)
5. Bake for 18- 22 mins.
6. Let cool completely before adding the next layer.

Oreo layer:
1 package of Oreos
1- 8oz. package or cream cheese

1. Crush Oreos with food processor or by putting them in a ziplock and using a rolling pin or hands.
2. Warm cream cheese in microwave for about 15- 20 seconds until it is workable.
3. Mix in Oreos and carefully put on top of brownie layer. ( I ended up using my hands for this, messy, but it worked the best without tearing the brownies. Then once spread, I used a spatula to flatten.)

Chocolate layer:
1/2 lb (1/2 package) of chocolate bark (or chocolate chips)
Mini chocolate chips

1. Melt chocolate bark for 30 seconds then stir. Keep heating at 15 second intervals until melted.
2. Pour on top of Oreo layer and spread with spatula.
3. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top, as many as you like!!

I put my brownies into the refrigerator for about 10 mins to harden (couldn't wait to try them) or you can just set them out to harden. Cut and enjoy!! This is my favorite recipe so far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio